Saturday, September 12, 2009

So, for Labor Day weekend, Ryan and I went to Thatcher to visit the family! We stayed with Bryan and Amber and it was way fun! Bryan and Ryan played golf and Xbox like everyday, while Amber and I hung out at home and watched the kids! I got to spend some time with my mom and she showed me a little example on how to sew a "really easy quilt" (her words)! She wanted me to try doing one! So I promised I would at least try!

She gave me a sewing machine, and everything i needed to get started, so when we got home, off I went to Joann's Fabric. I picked out my fabric, brought it home and called my mom! She had to walk me through each little step! I was freaking out! I was so scared to cut my first piece haha! But once I did, i just kept going, cutting everything out! Then came the sewing! I just finished my first quilt last night! I was so excited and so proud of myself! Haha! I couldnt have done it without my mom! She wasnt behind me showing me and telling me what to do, but she was on the phone a lot helping me! Thanks mom! So here are some pictures..... I don't have a sewing table, so I used our dinner table, and I dont have an ironing board, so again, I used the dinner table and a towel! I thought it looked pretty funny! But, it all worked well! Hooray! (dont look too closely at the quilt or you will see all its flaws! hahaha)

7 comments:

Briana & Ryan said...

i love you bri! Look at you! You are sooooo crafty! I don't even know how to use a sewing machine! You are already a better mommy/wifey than me. haha. Well you better brush up on all of that. I mean you are going to start popping babies out right!? haha. i love you! Keep these posts up!

Jory and Chani said...

Briana! I'm glad I can finally comment on your blog! It looks like you're doing good!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Good job Bri ...... it looks so cute!!! I just started using a sewing machine again too...... now you can make curtains and pillows for your NEW HOUSE!! They are super Easy....probably more easy than the quilt !! I have not done a quilt yet.... that will have to wait !! LOVE YOU

Selena and Russ!! said...

oh that comments from yourself up there. it's from me. haha. i forgot to log out of your account when i fixed the comments. ooooppppssss

Allison Barry said...

That is a pretty impressive quilt, Bri! I'm serious, too. You should teach me how to do that sometime!

The Stradlings said...

briana, you are such a stud. i can't believe you were able to make that without mom right there holding your hand. i sure can't! we miss you guys!

Val said...

I can't believe you're married!!! Well, I mean I can believe it because you're amazing. You are so stunning in your pictures! I wish you two the very, very best.